As what I've mentioned in my previous post, The Holes in the Fence, if we poorly managed our anger or temper it might damage our health, work, or even relationships. So here's some tips on how to get your anger under control.
- Do some stretching. Physical activity can help release tension and anger. So when you start to have that feeling of getting angry, try to run or jump or have a simple exercise.
- Put it into words. Write it on a piece of paper and explain why your angry and what causes it. You can also write what you need to do to exterminate your anger.
- Don't vent it out as much as possible. Some of us think that venting out our anger leads to solving a problem or resolving it. But venting can cause more trouble and problems that it solves it.
- Be creative. Use humor or use your imagination, instead in venting out your anger. Instead of getting physical or venting out your anger to someone, think of them as a dirty cloth that needs to be washed. Imagine that your putting them into a washing machine. All things can be sort out in a nice and diplomatic way.
- Talk and Listen. We should slow down and think twice about what you are going to say. Before saying words that will hurt the other person, explain that you feel angry about something instead of acting like a weirdo and aggressively.We should learn to listen before we respond.
- Find another alternatives. If you think that your going to the road of anger then seek alternatives. Find another way not to get angry.
- Acceptance. Embrace that some things in life are not fair. Sometimes we have to accept that inequity is a part of life.